Many people have asked “can I use NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries in my solar lights that have NiCd (Nickel Cadmium)?” And the answer is, yes! Not only can you replace with NiMH, but they are the better choice of battery as they have benefits that their NiCd counterparts don’t.
NiMH battery benefits:
1. Long shelf-life. They can remain unused for anywhere between 3 and 5 years. However, we recommend using your new NiMH rechargeable batteries sooner than that, gotta keep those solar lights shining.
2. No memory effect (compared to NiCd). NiCd batteries have issues with attaining a “memory” that will reduce the life of that kind of battery. NiMH can be partially charged (say, on cloudy days) and be fully recharged to their maximum capacity on the next full-sun day. There is a little discharge (trickle discharge) during storage, so it is best to put your NiMH batteries into your garden solar lights in the pre-dawn hours before a sunny day. Then they will be ready to go for your nighttime enjoyment.
3. NiMH rechargeables are considered more environmentally friendly than NiCd batteries. Cadmium is classified as a toxic element, so it needs to be disposed of properly. There are many recycling locations (from what we’ve seen, Target and Best Buy have drop-off bins at the front of their stores for battery recycling), but if for some reason they end up in the trash, NiCd are not good for landfills. NiMH batteries can be recycled (it is recommended), but it won’t be “bad” to toss them into the trash, should there be no options of recycling.
4. NiMH rechargeable batteries for solar lights are almost always more expensive than NiCd. But not at Your Solar Link! They offer NiMH batteries at the same price (and sometimes lower) than the NiCd counterpart. But never more! You won’t find a better deal than at Your Solar Link for NiMH rechargeable batteries, anywhere! They are priced to get your solar garden lights up and running with the best option available. The price you see is the price you pay: no hidden fees, shipping charges, sales tax (for our California customers), etc.!
Just remember, don’t mix the chemistries in your solar lights (if they take 2 or more batteries). Use only NiMH or NiCd, not one of each in your 2-or-more-battery lights. Also, typical lifespans of both batteries is about 2 years (of nightly operation/use). So, if you have had your solar lights for about 2 years and are noticing that the output is diminishing at night, it may be time for a replacement. Just be sure to go with NiMH rechargeable batteries. They are indeed the best option.
Mario @ Your Solar Link
Everyone is talking about it and few have the answer to “where can I get some?” Well, they have now been added them to the online store at www.yoursolarlink.com. What are they? Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries for garden solar lights! And these are THE best deal anywhere. Only $20 for 10 rechargeable batteries (that’s 2 bucks a battery) delivered!
1. No memory effect. That means that they will charge to their rated capacity for the duration of their life cycle (about 2 years) in full sunlight. NiCd batteries will develop a memory of charging to lower capacities during cloudy days (say, it’s sunny for the first couple of hours then a storm moves in, thus only getting enough charge for part of the evening). Then, on the next sunny day, the battery will have a lower capacity (ceiling) to which it will charge. Thus, a memory of only being able to charge to 80% (for example) of its intended capacity.
2. No Cadmium! Cadmium is considered a toxic element and needs to be disposed of properly via recycling services. Many stores (Target, Staples, Best Buy, etc.) often offer receptacles at their stores where they accept batteries for disposal/recycling. This is the sure way to divert the Cadmium batteries from landfills. NiMH rechargeable batteries can discarded in the trash, but it is of course best to recycle them as with their Cadmium counterparts. Why use Cadmium batteries? They are cheaper than Metal Hydrides and are more readily available at many online stores…. until now!
4. Metal Hydrides are typically more expensive than Cadmium batteries, but not at Your Solar Link. They are the same price! So, you will be getting a superior battery at the same exact price, no strings attached.
These batteries go fast, but Your Solar Link is constantly replenishing their stock with NiMH rechargeable batteries and will be adding various mAh ratings soon. If they are sold out, just send them a quick message that you would like to get on the list to expedite processing for the next shipment.
Cheers from Your Solar Link!
Looking for a versatile security light that can be mounted to almost any surface in a matter of minutes? One that doesn’t require hooking up to dangerous electric lines from your home or office? One that only costs 25 bucks and turns on and off at night automatically? One that gets brighter when someone approaches and then goes back to its standard mode after 30 seconds? Then look no further. Your Solar Link has exactly what you are looking for. A 16 LED solar security light powerhouse that utilizes the efficiency of a pre-installed Lithium rechargeable battery and can install on most surfaces such as wood, metal, masonry. Heck, you could even mount it to glass (just be creative on how that takes place, there are ways to make it happen. No sweat. Super cool.)
The usage can range from illuminating doorways and areas around your home to commercial applications such as showcasing real estate signage to help customers locate properties at night. This little solar security light packs a punch with its 16 LEDs that stay lit in a standard mode throughout the night. Once someone approaches the light, it automatically kicks into an activated mode emitting twice the amount of light for 30 seconds. With the Lithium rechargeable battery, it is capable to repeat this process throughout the night and retain its charge until the morning.
An all-in-one solar light that fits in your hand, the 16 LED solar security light from Your Solar Link is an ideal gift for the upcoming holidays. A simple and effective way to stay safe and keep your home illuminated during the coming winter months. And don’t forget to replace your rechargeable batteries on your other garden solar lights around your home with rechargeable batteries from Your Solar Link. They have a typical life-span of about 2 years, so for those solar lights around your home that aren’t lighting up like they used to, they may be in need of a tune up with replacement rechargeable batteries.
Mario @ Your Solar Link
We have been getting great reviews for the recently added Solar Bollard Light. It is a bit larger that the traditional garden solar lights on the market, but is finding its niche in patios and gardens alike. They are intended for commercial applications and larger landscapes, but being that they are extremely lightweight (thus, movable), durable, and put out lots of light, users are giving this one a huge thumbs up! Check out our photos where a client has used the Solar Bollard Light in their patio and garden/landscaping. They are limited on their space, so two of these lights is more than enough to light up their landscape.
And one more for just how much light the Solar Bollard Light puts out at night. These images were not altered, this is really how much light they put out (they actually are more illuminous than the camera would allow):
Juicebar Pocket Solar Charger.
This stylish, sleek and reliable pocket size Universal Battery Charger (Juicebar Solar Charger) is proven to be your best friend in a situation when conventional electric supply is not available or if you are trying to use eco-friendly renewable power supplies.
Great as a solar phone charger for any type of Mobile Phones, IPhones, PSA, PDA, Mp3 Players, Satellite Navigation, and much more.
Get it HERE.
SOLAR PATH LIGHTS.
Stainless Steel Conical Solar Path Light (Set of 2).
Path solar lights are an excellent choice for lighting your garden paths, walkways, driveway perimeters and other regions in your landscape. They are often used in multiples to guide the way along a set of stairs or a dark walk.
Featured Stainless Steel Solar Light set uses 2 ultra-bright LEDs for maximum light output and minimum battery usage.
The lights are safe around kids and pets and water and corrosion resistant.
Read more HERE
STONE SOLAR SPOT LIGHTS.
Stone Solar Spot Lights (also known as Solar Rock Lights) completely camouflage with existing landscapes and look like any other rock in your garden.
SOLAR GARDEN FOUNTAINS.
How to start using ecologically friendly energy to power up your garden fountains and other garden water features?
Why not go with a solar powered water pump?
To accommodate your needs the Solar Fountain Pump Systems we carry range from 2 to 8 Watt. Browse our collection of solar water pumps for your fish ponds and solar fountains.
Enjoy your garden water features and your energy savings at the same time. Make a note of the various power levels and the flow rate of the solar water pumps before your purchase.
Please write us your review after your purchase. Your opinion is important to us!
DECORATIVE SOLAR ACCENT LIGHTS.
Solar accent lights (Set of 2) create an enjoyable and inviting glow for your landscape.
They are designed to mark a place.
Solar Spot Light - $26.99
Super High Output Spot Light (4 Super Bright LEDs). Free Shipping!
Solar spot lights like this one rely on energy from the sun to charge their batteries and provide light throughout the night.
This means that there is no need to tap into the electrical grid for these lights to operate.
The solar spot lights will work consistently, even if the whole neighborhood is dealing with a power outage.
Learn more about Solar Spot Lights at http://www.yoursolarlink.com/solar-spot-lights, where we have a great selection of solar spot lights to choose from.
100% renewable energy
garden solar lights
outdoor solar lights
solar accent lights
solar garden light
Solar Garden Lights
solar light batteries
solar light rechargeable batteries
solar powered lights
solar powered products
Solar Security Lights
solar spot light
solar spot lights
solar street lights
solar string lights
solar technology Community Action (14)
Creative Solar (23)
Funny News (4)
Latest Technology (57)
Solar Gardening (17)
Solar News (144)
Solar Products Customers' Reviews (9)
World News (40)